Complex wedding decoration: what is included in it?
We tell you what is included in the complex wedding decoration and understand the purpose of each zone.
1. Materials for the decor
Nowadays, a variety of materials are used in the decoration of weddings. They can be limited only by your imagination and budget.
- Flowers. They must necessarily be fresh and of high quality. For this, you need to be responsible in choosing a florist.
- Textiles. Often the textiles that are on site are not suitable for the wedding. Therefore, it is specially sewn. This is a very important element that will give your celebration nobility and chic.
- Furniture. The furniture, too, must be taken care of separately. If it is of poor quality or does not fit the decor, the decoration will not add up.
- Tableware. Tableware is a very important detail. Beautiful serving without it is impossible.
- Lighting. Proper lighting can save a not very successful decoration. And bad light will kill the work of even the most talented decorator.
- Other decor. At weddings, they use vases, containers for decorations, installations, sculptures and other elements. What exactly it will be depends on the main idea.
2. Wedding printing
As the theater begins with a hanger, so your wedding for your guests will begin with a wedding invitation. It is the centerpiece of your wedding printing. On it, the guests will judge your celebration, they will get a first impression from it. But printing for a wedding is not just an invitation. It includes a whole complex of elements that the designer develops: Save The Date cards, seating cards, wedding program, menu for guests, seating plan, sheets with vows, and so on. They should all be designed in the same style and resonate with the rest of your wedding decor.
Do not take the preparation of printing lightly. It is necessary to take into account everything: the paper, the method of applying the text, to work out the text itself and, of course, the design. Today, wedding printing is very diverse. What do you like? Watercolor invitations with calligraphy? Laser cut? Kraft paper? Lace? There’s a lot to think about.
3. Dressing Ceremony Area.
A very important location if you are planning to have an offsite ceremony. It is the registration – the central event of the wedding day. It is necessary to approach to its registration very responsibly.
In the zone of exit ceremony usually decorate an arch, pick up chairs, work out a path on which the groom and the bride will go.
The exit ceremony needs to be decorated well, or not at all. When the event is tastelessly decorated, all its beauty is lost. A competent decorator will be able to make a decent decoration even with a relatively small budget. Choose the right person.
4. The wedding venue: the general stylistics
For the design of the wedding, it is very important to understand where it will take place. For example, a restaurant that has a bright, memorable, individual style will be difficult to completely change into something else. Such halls are self-sufficient, and they should be chosen only if there is a complete hit to the concept of the wedding. Accentuate the beauty of the restaurant in the classic style with the appropriate floral design will be an excellent solution. But to make it there wedding in the style of rustic will not work.
There are areas that, like a blank slate, you can decorate in many different ways. These are, for example, marquees or specialized banquet halls with light walls and no decor. Whatever the decorator comes up with, he will be able to implement it on such a platform.
5. Levels of decorating
When decorating a room, the decorator will definitely work through several levels: this ceiling, walls, floor, the eye level of a standing person, the eye level of a sitting person.
- Ceiling. High ceilings and ceilings in marquees must be decorated, otherwise the room will be very uncomfortable, too much empty space. To decorate use different elements, chandeliers are often central.
- Floor. If the floor of the selected site in poor condition or it does not fit into the concept of the holiday, it covered with a carpet of suitable color. Separately decorate dance floor. If it does not, then this area is allocated. As a rule, a hard floor is made there so it was convenient to dance.
- Walls. Here there can be many options, it all depends on the concept of wedding decoration and from the available space. The guest should always retain a sense of interest, so the decor is harmoniously placed at the level of standing and sitting, at the level of hands. There is constant interaction throughout the evening.
6. Decorating the honeymoon table
The newlyweds’ table area should be visually distinct from the guest tables. As a rule, the table of the bride and groom is placed either at the far wall of the hall (opposite from the entrance), or in the center, it allows you to focus the attention of guests on the main actors of the celebration. Nowadays, often only the bride and groom sit in this area. It used to happen that close friends or parents were seated with them, but this tradition is becoming a thing of the past.
The newlyweds’ table is decorated much more effectively than the guest tables. Usually behind it put some background (a banner, decorative furniture, and so on), expressively serve it, put the decor and in front of the table itself. Here there are many elements that speak of the style of the wedding.
7. Decorating the tables of the wedding guests
Guest tables can be of different shapes (round, rectangular) and sizes (for several guests or long for all at once). Their decoration includes textiles (tablecloths, napkins), dishes, chairs, central decorative compositions.
Of course, it is better when the textiles, dishes and chairs are chosen individually for the event. Standard sets of establishments do not always fit the chosen wedding concept. Tableware and chairs can be rented. And textiles are sewn specifically for the wedding, if the budget of the newlyweds allows.
8. Special areas for guests: interactivity and care
The wedding venue creates several special areas for guests to entertain or relax.
- Welcome area (welcome area). It is placed near the entrance to the wedding venue. Here, guests are greeted by the person in charge (e.g., the wedding coordinator). He tells the guest where to go, showing what is where. In this area is placed a welcome drink, a wish-board, photo booth, photo area, sometimes musicians who create the mood.
- Bars. A variety of themed tables with special types of snacks or drinks are firmly established at modern weddings. These are Candy Bar, Fruit Bar, Vine Bar, Cheese Bar. There can be a lot of varieties. It all depends on the preferences of the newlyweds and the style of the wedding.
- Workshops and other entertainment. Their theme again depends on the concept of marriage. There can be anything you like: gingerbread painting, bartender show, caricaturists and so on.
- Comfort Area or Lounge Area. This is an area responsible for comfort. There the guests can come in and relax. Usually they place comfortable sofas or armchairs, as well as tables with necessities. For example, in the summer there can lie sunglasses, thermal water, fans, umbrellas and hats. In the fall, warm plaids, mittens, and umbrellas. Often this area is in the fresh air, away from the banquet. In it you can quietly talk.
In conclusion, let’s say that a wedding does not have to have all of the above areas. Each event is individual, so there may be differences. We have considered the complex design of the celebration. What to use at your wedding, each couple will decide for themselves.